Why Custom Hearing Protection?
Better Fit: A custom earmold impression of your individual canal will ensure the best possible fit. Human ears are just as individual and unique as fingerprints—no two are exactly the same size or shape. In fact, some ears are too small or too large to obtain an adequate fit at all with non-custom products.
BetterComfort: Professionally made, custom-fit hearing protection are indisputably superior in comfort.
Better Protection: Custom fit hearing protection is also custom-designed to provide the proper amount of hearing protection you need for your intended use.
- Improper fit and improper insertion of non-custom products often leads to very poor real-world hearing protection versus custom molded products.
- Some non-custom products may, conversely, OVER protect hearing, leading to poor communication and/or poor fidelity sound in certain settings.
- Disposable: $0.25 per pair X 2 pairs/day X 5 days/week X 50 weeks/year =
$112.50 per year
- Custom: $200 for pair which lasts ~5 years = $40.00 per year (or $50.00 per year for musician plugs with filters).
Our Customization Process
- Ultimate Customization: We will not only take a custom mold of your unique ear, but will also work with you to customize your hearing protection to your sound environment to pick the proper amount of attenuation required. You can even customize the color(s), design, handles/cords, and engraving!
- Proper Counseling: Proper hearing protection requires proper insertion, use and care. We will take the time to go over all of this with you and provide use & care materials to make sure you are fully informed.
- PerfectFitGuarantee: Your custom ear pieces will be guaranteed for a period of six (6) months from the date of delivery from and against defective materi- als and workmanship. In addition, if the initial product is not a perfect fit, there will be no charge for a remake requested within 6 months as long as there is no change in material or type of mold.